January is a busy month for wedding shows... My wonderful wedding photographer, Carrie Stark of Elegant Images Photography, shares a few tips for those of you who plan on attending:
1) Print labels with your information on them ~ i.e. you and your finance's names, wedding date, email address, mailing address, and phone number (optional, of course). These labels will come in handy for the many drawings there will be to enter. Also, if you find a vendor you're just in love with, you have your contact information all ready to go.
2) Wear comfortable shoes... you will be walking a lot!
3) If you intend to try on wedding gowns, wear (or bring!) the proper undergarments and bring a pair of heels. Without these, the fit may be different and change your view of a dress.
4) As soon as you arrive get your issue of SEATTLE BRIDE MAGAZINE and Resource Guide. (See Carrie's ad on page 15 of the magazine! Elegant Images is also featured in the article The Year in Pictures, and they have an ad in the Resource Guide.)
5) Get (or take!) a bag for all of those cards & brochures you will pick up. Often, ladies will have two bags: one for the cards of vendors that really sparked their interest and the another for the rest of the cards picked up.
6) Drink plenty of water, and be sure to check out one of the fashion shows throughout the day.