Saturday, April 11, 2009

The very finest detail...

Okay, I'll be the first to admit it: I am addicted to wedding magazines. As a planner, I have to stay on top of the seasonal trends. But quite honestly, there's nothing like sitting down (after the kids are in bed, of course!) with a cup of hot tea and a new magazine. The photos of real weddings are my favorite.

We all know how important details are... I was perusing through an old Martha Stewart Wedding magazine this morning; a Collector's Edition, with beautiful green and pink flowers on the front. Inside is an article called Special Delivery...

Once you've got your wedding invitations ready to go, put them in a padded envelope or box and mail them to one of the cities below to be hand canceled. What's the allure, you ask? Your invites would have a detail that not many have. How would you like to have them post marked with Bliss, New York or Romance, Arkansas? Talk about the smallest 'lovely' detail!

Here is a list of romantic cities... make sure you allow a little extra time for the invitations to go out.

Bliss, New York 14024
Bridal Veil, Oregon 97010
Darling, Mississippi 38623
Harmony, Rhode Island 02829
Kissimmee, Florida 34744
Lovely, Kentucky 41231
Loving, Texas 76460
Luck, Wisconsin 54853
Romance, Arkansas 72136

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Wow, that is neat! I never knew that before, and it is really fun to learn new stuff. Thanks for posting that, and it was great how I read it on Plaxo, clicked on "more" and it brought me to this site! Cool!